We’ve a made a pretty small change to the way that applications from PlanningAlerts can get embedded in a map that makes it much easier to use.
It’s easiest to see with an example:
View Larger Map
When you click on one of the points on a map, as well as the description of the development application, there is now a link “More Information” which takes you to the page on PlanningAlerts for that application.
That simple change just made embedded maps a whole lot more useful.
This is how to do it for yourself:
- Enter a street address on www.planningalerts.org.au and click Search.
- Copy the URL of the link to “Subscribe to an RSS feed for applications near here”
- Then go to Google Maps, paste that URL into its search box
- Add ?style=html to the end of the URL in the search box. This is the new bit that adds the “More information” link.
- Click Search Maps
- Click the Link link to the top right of the map, and copy the Paste HTML to embed in website code
- Paste that code into your blog post, sidebar, or wherever (you can alter the code to change its size etc.)